OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My replacement boxfish came in today, he looks way better and is in perfect shape.
6e72808a3a069ef6b87070bf2ebd97fb.jpg
The only pic I have is in the bag but he's been in the tank all day.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don' give up on your 6 line, I only had experience with one and he was fine, never bothered any of my fish and i had clowns and other smaller fish (had a lunar wrasse in there as well and they got along). I always read that 6 lines were terrors in other peoples' tanks, but mine was a perfect citizen.

I had lots of caves and rockwork in that tank so plenty of places for it to roam and explore, maybe that had something to do with it.

Give him a chance...
This is my experience also. I've got a little 6 line in my DT. He is by far the smallest of all the fish, and is a perfect gentleman. We love watching him swim amongst the rock work, so graceful. The wife calls him Pippin.

becca10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my six line for years. He came in very small. As he grew he was fine. I also had a flame hawk in the tank who kept him in check. They started to battle it out before i could catch one or the other. I finally caught the flame hawk but the 6 line lost his eye. He has survived and overcome his disability. He has been named the pirate wrasse, One Eyed Willy. He is my favorite lil crap head. Wouldn’t get rid of him now if i could. I am upgrading from a 40 long to a 125 and hopefully this will give him plenty of room.

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope I’m not jinxing myself but I’ve had my 6 line for several years and other than a little fin flashing he’s been fine. Seems more preoccupied zooming in and out of the rockwork then picking fights with the others. Good luck with yours!

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my six line for years. He came in very small. As he grew he was fine. I also had a flame hawk in the tank who kept him in check. They started to battle it out before i could catch one or the other. I finally caught the flame hawk but the 6 line lost his eye. He has survived and overcome his disability. He has been named the pirate wrasse, One Eyed Willy. He is my favorite lil crap head. Wouldn’t get rid of him now if i could. I am upgrading from a 40 long to a 125 and hopefully this will give him plenty of room.
Thats so cool! Do you have a picture of him?

becca10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get one once my tank is ready. Almost done cycling and he’s being held at the lfs

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back