Thought this was cool

re-fin-away

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
141
Reaction score
4
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my buddy came over one night to take some pics of the tank after I did my second aquascape on my tank. We turned off the powerheads for a little bit and then we were able to catch this snail in action. I have never seen this before and I thought it was pretty cool. It went on for about 20 mins.
snail2.jpg

snail.jpg
 
Last edited:
That's a pretty cool pic, it looks like a snail sending smoke signals.
 
Those are some awesome shots
 
Wasn't this pic posted in the photo contest on "the reef tank" in Jan? Is a cool pic. Always a good thing to have extra algae eaters, just too bad it was a "i can knock everything over in my path" turbo snail.
 
I love seeing the natural order of things in action in our reef tanks. Guess it means things are going right in there. Great Pic!!
 
ok so the same thing just happened to me last night. does that mean they are making babies? great shots btw
 
that is cool, I've never seen snails do this but I've seen speggetti worms do it and my fish went into a feeding frenzie!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new