Thoughts on reef dose 4?

cedwards04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking seriously about buying the red sea reef dose 4. Anyone have experience with one, good or bad?

I've reached the limit of kalkwasser dosing on my tank and need to implement 2 part dosing. I do like the added benefit of the ph boost I'm getting with kalk, so I want to continue dosing saturated kalkwasser and just supplement that with 2 part. I also carbon dose for nutrient control, so having 4 dosing heads would be great. I do have an apex, and considered the dos, but I'd need 2 of them and the cost is much higher than the red sea reef dose 4. I really don't see any advantages that are relevant to me with the dos vs another dosing pump. I dont do waterchanges, so im not worried about setting up auto waterchanges. I dont have any intentions or plans to buy a trident, so I have no need to integrate dosing with a trident.

I've got a few different cheap dosers now, and I'm looking for something nicer and easier to program. Also it is fairly important to me that it be quiet as the tank is in my living room and the wife complains when the tank is "noisy". The reef dose appears to check all the boxes, but I'd love some feedback before dropping $400. Thanks!

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have mine running for about a month now.

App is great though some have mentioned connection issues. Being able to automatically split doses through 24 hours is great for stability. Calibration is super simple.

It's loud. Had a cheap jebao doser before and the reefdose is louder. Since it's dosing a lesser amount every hour though I don't really notice it.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of them on different systems and they work just fine. Have had them since they came out. No issues. It has a “whisper” mode for dosing, fairly quiet especially compared to the DOS which I also have. Definitely not for continuous dosing tho.

OP
OP
C

cedwards04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have mine running for about a month now.

App is great though some have mentioned connection issues. Being able to automatically split doses through 24 hours is great for stability. Calibration is super simple.

It's loud. Had a cheap jebao doser before and the reefdose is louder. Since it's dosing a lesser amount every hour though I don't really notice it.
Honestly that's a bit disappointing about the noise as I already have a jebao doser that I feel is too loud. Is your reef dose set to whisper mode?

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. It's set to whisper. I would say slightly louder than a jebao but not as loud as a DOS. I still think it's one of the best for it's value and ease of use but I am Red Sea fanboy

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one also Honestly it doses fast you won’t hear it that much. I also have my dosing set at certain times of the day so I wouldn’t hear it that often. And when I do hear it I know it’s working

KatesReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like mine! It was super easy to setup and while, like others say, it is a bit on the loud side I don't really notice it anymore. The features of the app are cool like telling you when a dose got missed or letting you see how much of whatever supplements you're dosing is left in the container.

I also got the tube kit and really like that too. Made it really easy to get up and running without needing much outside of a container and the supplements of course :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

Back