Thoughts on what happened??

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2019
Messages
3,269
Reaction score
1,556
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed in attempts to help my clam foot it died... It wouldn't take to the cradles I have made.

PXL_20210926_205742954.jpg
 
Looks dead to me! If alive it would close when take it out of water. Mantle looks mostly gone! How long did you have it?
 
Looks dead to me! If alive it would close when take it out of water. Mantle looks mostly gone! How long did you have it?
I've had it since may. It kept flipping over and I tried putting it in an acclimation box with a cradle rock to find it's foot.

It always was fully extended when not turned over.

It has no control of the shell anymore. I took it out and it flapped open
 
I've had it since may. It kept flipping over and I tried putting it in an acclimation box with a cradle rock to find it's foot.

It always was fully extended when not turned over.

It has no control of the shell anymore. I took it out and it flapped open
Sorry to hear! Not sure what could have happened. Do you see any tiny snails on it (pyramidal)? Or if you had some parameter swings.
 
Is your light strong enough for a clam? It might have starved to death since May. It’s not been happy in the tank if the foot never took hold.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new