OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we going to see something pink in your tank for your granddaughter?

Oh Im sure of it, Ill get a better one when I transfer it over. She always loved the tank and now her little sister does too. When ever they get fussy I just hold them in front of the tank and Poof totally occupied, worlds most expensive pacifier, well almost
20180624_204650.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting one of my kidneys ready! how bout you?

Hey Coseal I Missed your post. . Im waiting for a Phosphate tester if possible.
The only thing holding it back has to be a reagent in a solution, If Hanna can do it.

The wife is loosing patience so this weekend I plan to transfer live stock and tear down the 75 and clean that and the sump along with 2 other sumps and get them posted to a local SW FB market. Well thats the plan we'll see what gets done.
What up with your system did you get the director running ?

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea director is up and running! really like it so far! have it controlling a kalk stirrer while my tank is nothing but frags. keeps it pretty steady! im saving for the p4 now!

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Man, I picked up a kalk stirrer too and plan on that for the first 6 months. Getting ready to install a vortech that I had to add 6' of cable to....and watch the Hockey opener

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the transition is complete and only one tank in the house. The tangs are loving the added room and rocks to play in.
The few corals are ticked, there is nothing in the water for them to eat. They'll live ...or not.
I have been cleaning ball valves, pumps, lights for three days after work. I listed the tank, stand and sump along with some other odds and ends on a facebook SW site and got booted because I kept relisting the add thinking I was loading it wrong. They sent a message stating the sale of Fire Arms is Prohibitedo_O The only thing I came up with was a Trigger sump I listed, so to show them I put the tank and stand at the curb, I didn't want to clean it anyways. Don't cry, it was gone when I left for work this morning, now someone else has to clean it :cool:

20191010_204952.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I did something I never thought I would. I was cleaning house and selling things on Ebay and this popped up. So with my my ebay cash I bought it. I figure with new fish soon I can use this when needed. Has anybody use one before?
Ya or Nay? I am thinking running on the QT, no copper of course.
20191018_213105.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention I need a cleanup crew, Any suggestions on a Clean Clean up Crew ? I hear Algae Barn.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you’re willing to deal with/put up with. I decided with my most recent setup I would only add snails. No crabs clanging around in the bare bottom tank. Reef Cleaners is cool but the hermits I got from them in the old system ate Acans. I prefer a lot of Astrea snails, some Trocus and handful of Turbo’s. If you want hermits stick to dwarf’s.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mind the little blue legs, they seem to keep the floor and rock clean. Now off to Reef cleaners

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you gettin a top for that tank? i just got a D-D jump guard pro for mine havnt put it together yet. pretty nice diy kit for rimless tanks.
I grabbed the red sea to get something before I start adding fish. Going to get a few Wrasses this time around. I also want a blue spot Jawfish, I had one Briefly :mad: I plan on a nice lid down the road. Still have a ton of work to do before adding more fish. I want to get mix sta and AWC automated before setting up the QT down there. I lost everything (cromis dont count) and when @Scurvy got hit I realized if I want really nice fish I had better do the work. That's part of the reason I grabbed the UV.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Calls!! My losses are still crushing to think about and Im much more careful now. Live and learn I guess.... very happy with my Res Sea lid. Not as flashy as some of the custom options but I added black mesh to it and with my eurobrace I hardly notice it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back