0   0   0
Lol..... if it was only that simple. None of those work with this tank

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should I do run a uv steralizer where a lot don't. But I would say start back with the easy corals you like then build back up. Should be like that with any tank. And I wish you luck.

OP
OP
Pete polyp

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should I do run a uv steralizer where a lot don't. But I would say start back with the easy corals you like then build back up. Should be like that with any tank. And I wish you luck.
Been using uv for 5 months now

OP
OP
Pete polyp

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kewl. And good luck getting this tank back together you been in this 14 yrs I think you can do it. Remember kiss system.
Yep. I wish I would have never put a sump in this build.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad your not giving up man. Last year I had my nano which had been running smooth for 9 years crash on me for no reason other than I found a handful of stinkbugs trapped in my filtration

OP
OP
Pete polyp

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if all the Japanese beetles that find their way into the tank could be contributing.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if all the Japanese beetles that find their way into the tank could be contributing.
Not sure but I tested my water numerous times and it came out normal, so I sent it off to my cousin who does water testing for a water plant and he found some chemical traces that he could not identify, so I assumed with all the stinkbug that had to be it

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I came home to it my tank was milky white and had slimmed up from all the coral death. the only way I could straighten it back out was to do a 100% water change and ran cuprisorb and heavy carbon for a week just to make sure anything in the sand leeching was out

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Kalk reactors can suck, I run one on my 220 gallon tank. I had a issue a couple weeks ago when I was out of town on business. I was trying to instruct my wife how to bypass the reactor till I get home, and she took the discharge tubing out of the reactor and installed it into the input side. You know what happens from there, the reactor drained into my sump. The only thing that saved me was it was drained into 289 gallons total water volume. I have noticed some of my sps pieces lately are showing tissue loss on them. I know my mishap wasnt as bad as your incident but hang in there. One thing you could do in the future if you have your ato plumbed through your reactor is to get a controller and set a redundacy to shut it off if levels get to high.

OP
OP
Pete polyp

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the reactor offline about a month ago because it was backwashing lime into the fresh water. I'm now using a bucket with premixed limewater so it doesn't matter anymore

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WV you have dropped lighting to pre-acclimation phase right-you prob have just checking. the number one best idea shy of a full water change for that kind of insult is a drop in lighting, as in not relying much on photosynthesis now vs heterotrophic feeding to rehab

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good is back. I think there are no hobbies with only bright sides. Each and everything made with passion may have some tears and sweat in it, but keep going is the key and the paybacks are huge.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back