• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Thumbs up for mschriskim!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got some great stuff from chris a couple of weeks ago. amazing selection of zoas. my digi cam is on its death bed, so sorry for the bad pic (the colors look dull :( ). chris's pics are very representative of what he sells.

i also got some blue blasto's, will try to get a pic up soon.

wonderful packaging, and ingenious method of using a free usps flat rate box and just flipping it inside out. ;)

will do business with again in the future :thumbleft:

chris%20frags.jpg

mschriskim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Al : )

Here is story behind those free box : )

Due to shipping rate reefers asked me for USPS priority mail flat rate box with thermos for zoas shipping sometime ago and I figure hmmm... I could cut stylos to fit that box and I could ship 10 frags for USPS priority flat rate than I really liked the size of box so other shipping method I just reversed it ; )

Oh, another box that I use is USPS priority box size 7x7x6 which could hold 1-4 frags ; )

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris definitely has some of the nicest zoo's around. Ive bought from him twice and each time I was hooked up with freebies and extra polyps. :D

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surf, do you have them frags under mh's? Just curious because my lotr and cateyes are not showing the green under my lights. They had the green for a few days then it started to fade.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JGoslee said:
Surf, do you have them frags under mh's? Just curious because my lotr and cateyes are not showing the green under my lights. They had the green for a few days then it started to fade.

yes, i suspect this is what happened to mine also. but i wasnt really surprised when they started to fade a bit, b/c they were in the sand bed for a week when i first got them acclimating. and then i placed them up on a frag rack, which is only a couple inches below the water line directly under a 250w Radium on HQI ballast (and the bulb is 5months old, and runs around 330w, which is essentially like a 12-14k bulb).

the green is still there, but i've lost a little bit of contrast in the colors. i'm sure the color will come back, just gota give it some time.

and of course the camera doesnt help either. my camera fades the color out way too much. it has gotten ridiculously bad in the last month, so i'm ready to toss it out the window. thats why i havent been taking, or posting many pics lately of my new treasures. its just too depressing to look at the pics of them on the computer, which arent even close to what it looks like to my eyes.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the exact same thing. Put them right under 2-250 14k's for the first week. Bang, intense color gone! I've since moved mine to the bottom. The color has started to come back but the green still isnt there yet.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back