Tibbsy's 10g IM tank

Why did you swap out power supplies?
The Rw-4 is just too strong for this tank with the 24v supply. I used it before when I got it for Christmas as a gift, but even on the lowest setting, using the 24v power supply that comes with the unit, the flow was just too much. I had taken it out and put in the Rio+ that I used in my previous pico, but it's large and unsightly. I started reading and there are a lot of people who have used the 12v power supply swap with much success. I swapped it out, added the RW-4 in place of the Rio, and now I have it on wave mode 1 with slow speed and instead of being on power 1 of 10, I'm on 5 of 10.
 
The Rw-4 is just too strong for this tank with the 24v supply. I used it before when I got it for Christmas as a gift, but even on the lowest setting, using the 24v power supply that comes with the unit, the flow was just too much. I had taken it out and put in the Rio+ that I used in my previous pico, but it's large and unsightly. I started reading and there are a lot of people who have used the 12v power supply swap with much success. I swapped it out, added the RW-4 in place of the Rio, and now I have it on wave mode 1 with slow speed and instead of being on power 1 of 10, I'm on 5 of 10.
I just put an rw4 in my 10g IM and wow the power is scary. I'm going to try your 12v idea.
 
What 12v power supply did you use? I can't find one with the right tip.
 
Tank has been taken down for many reasons (moved, new job, etc.). Am currently working on a new tank build. Mods please delete this thread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new