TIDAL 55 ? Good enough for Peacock mantis ?

RushzF

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
summerville
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this filter be Suitable for a 40 breeder ?
Starting a peacock mantis shrimp tank and wanna make sure I get the correct filtration
 
Will this filter be Suitable for a 40 breeder ?
Starting a peacock mantis shrimp tank and wanna make sure I get the correct filtration
Not sure what a Tidal 55 is but for a mantis shrimp display, you could get away with live rock, some sand and just some water movement.....not going to create a lot of bio-load.....enjoy...these are great specimens!
 
IMO, one hob filter is not sufficient filtration by itself. Still need rocks, and flow to create the biofilter. Water changes will still be needed to reduce nitrates.

As mentioned above, no real need for a hob filter even. My coral banded shrimp tank has rocks and flow and weekly water changes, thats all.
 
I would highly recommend a good protein skimmer and wave maker but you could def get away with using just the 55 for awhile. Might even want to consider the 75 if you can swing it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new