BRS

Uriken

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
After a long 15 years I finally returned to the hobby and been so far successful getting a nice reef tank up and running and progressing now many months into the hobby again. Times have sure changed. Between the equipment and the cost. The amount of information readily available has grown with sites like this one and YouTube. I stumbled upon a few nice and informative providers of information on YouTube - One being the videos by Tidal Gardens. After watching a number of them and looking over their website I went to place an order. I always like to do a little bit of further investigation and see where the fish/corals will be coming from before pulling the trigger. I was excited to see that Tidal Gardens was right here in Ohio about 25 minutes south of me. I was able to avoid the shipping and just pick them up myself. I have to say, I feel lucky. The quality of the corals. The care that was taken to pack them. And the price as well has been great. I feel fortunate to have an available place to readily get things. It sure does beat Petco and places as such.
Even if Tidal Gardens isn't in your area I would highly recommend looking at their site and giving them an opportunity to put a specimen in your tank. They just had a nice sale a week ago that made the prices a steal in a lot of cases. Check them out. Its worth the time.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

rhostam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm a huge fan of Tidal Gardens. The blog and product videos Than produces alone are a helpful resource for those that may not know about a coral, its aggression level, or care requirements. They are like BRS videos, but for corals and with an NPR-like voice. I've purchased a few shipments from Tidal Gardens and I agree, they definitely put some thought and care into their packaging and their products have arrived healthy. I think one instance I reached out because of a concern and they told me what I observed was fine but that if the coral didn't recover (from shipping stress) to contact them and they would make it right.

Gtinnel

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've watched their YouTube videos but never ordered from them. Do they have a normal store front (I realize they're predominantly an aqua farm) or is it just that they allow online orders to be picked up? It's about 3 hour north of me.

I'm jealous of you, there is no lfs within about 3 hours of where I live. All I get are PetCos, so I'll often take a weekend trip to lfs in the states surrounding WV where I live.

OP
U

Uriken

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It seemed pretty private. I pulled onto the property and called them and they brought my order out to the car. Im sure Covid precautions may be on their mind. Its my understanding from what I read on the website you may be able to arrange and on site visit. I would email them and ask.

Reef Diaper