Tidal Gardens in my Backyard!

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a long 15 years I finally returned to the hobby and been so far successful getting a nice reef tank up and running and progressing now many months into the hobby again. Times have sure changed. Between the equipment and the cost. The amount of information readily available has grown with sites like this one and YouTube. I stumbled upon a few nice and informative providers of information on YouTube - One being the videos by Tidal Gardens. After watching a number of them and looking over their website I went to place an order. I always like to do a little bit of further investigation and see where the fish/corals will be coming from before pulling the trigger. I was excited to see that Tidal Gardens was right here in Ohio about 25 minutes south of me. I was able to avoid the shipping and just pick them up myself. I have to say, I feel lucky. The quality of the corals. The care that was taken to pack them. And the price as well has been great. I feel fortunate to have an available place to readily get things. It sure does beat Petco and places as such.
Even if Tidal Gardens isn't in your area I would highly recommend looking at their site and giving them an opportunity to put a specimen in your tank. They just had a nice sale a week ago that made the prices a steal in a lot of cases. Check them out. Its worth the time.

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of Tidal Gardens. The blog and product videos Than produces alone are a helpful resource for those that may not know about a coral, its aggression level, or care requirements. They are like BRS videos, but for corals and with an NPR-like voice. I've purchased a few shipments from Tidal Gardens and I agree, they definitely put some thought and care into their packaging and their products have arrived healthy. I think one instance I reached out because of a concern and they told me what I observed was fine but that if the coral didn't recover (from shipping stress) to contact them and they would make it right.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've watched their YouTube videos but never ordered from them. Do they have a normal store front (I realize they're predominantly an aqua farm) or is it just that they allow online orders to be picked up? It's about 3 hour north of me.

I'm jealous of you, there is no lfs within about 3 hours of where I live. All I get are PetCos, so I'll often take a weekend trip to lfs in the states surrounding WV where I live.

OP
OP
U

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seemed pretty private. I pulled onto the property and called them and they brought my order out to the car. Im sure Covid precautions may be on their mind. Its my understanding from what I read on the website you may be able to arrange and on site visit. I would email them and ask.

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Uriken
We still offer curbside pickup for any orders. If you intend to pick up your order all you need to do is schedule a time to do so. We hope that this summer we can start scheduling appointments for locals to come and shop first hand.

OP
OP
U

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS doesn't seem to have any interest in selling live fish or coral and the growth Tidal Gardens has had over the years I don't think it would be for sale unless the price was well inflated.

OP
OP
U

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Uriken
We still offer curbside pickup for any orders. If you intend to pick up your order all you need to do is schedule a time to do so. We hope that this summer we can start scheduling appointments for locals to come and shop first hand.
I need a COLT Coral!!!!

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've watched their YouTube videos but never ordered from them. Do they have a normal store front (I realize they're predominantly an aqua farm) or is it just that they allow online orders to be picked up? It's about 3 hour north of me.

I'm jealous of you, there is no lfs within about 3 hours of where I live. All I get are PetCos, so I'll often take a weekend trip to lfs in the states surrounding WV where I live.

I would like a tour just to see the mechanical systems they put in that new building.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like a tour just to see the mechanical systems they put in that new building.
I think it be interesting to see any coral farm and how they run their systems. I've watched YouTube videos of a lot of them but it isn't the same.

OP
OP
U

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I saw, everything in there is high quality materials from the lights to the type of pumps used. You can tell everything was planned out at length before things were put together. To this day they are my number one for coral orders.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Uriken

Looking forward to this since your only ~15 minutes away!

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a confetti acro and several Stylos from tidal gardens.
All came in very healthy :)
Everything has fully extended polyps except for the confetti which can take some time.
Its only been in my DT for about a week.
Thank you for your order and I hope that Confetti opens up more soon. With the shipping stress combined with getting put into a different system, it could take a little time to get situated. Keep me posted!

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So @Tidal Gardens is your farm open to walk in customers or is it all online ordering only. I'm only 3 hours away, and this spring/summer I'll be heading to Sandusky on occasion and you're on the way.
Right now it is all online but locals can schedule curbside pick up for their orders. However, we really hope to open back up to appointments only this summer. We will make an announcement when that happens.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back