Tideline Lagoon Build

Johnnyrainbowreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2021
Messages
374
Reaction score
425
Location
METHUEN
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just wanted to share a little info on my 47 Lagoon LPS build. I have a new Tideline tank sitting on a Cobalt Stand. My old Cvue 45 Developed a stress Crack but Apex Leak saved me from losing my Live stock. I’m 3 months in so far with using my old rock I saved in a bucket for 2 months prior with water and a heater in my cellar lol. I try to only buy high end Livestock it’s just my preference. Nothing wrong with low grade I just want a neon reef that pops. I used redsea blue bucket salt and for lighting I have 2 AI blades. I run a skimmer and A drop in UV. I use filter floss and Marine Balls. Carbon and GFO when needed. I’m a firm believer of beneficial bacteria as a reef purifier. I also run a colder temp. I find LPS thrive at 76 degrees Fahrenheit. I rarely test because the Corals tell me what they need! If anyone has any questions feel free. I love R2R! You can view my reels on instagram @Johnnyrainbowreefer

IMG_7977.jpeg IMG_8348.jpeg IMG_8364.jpeg IMG_8359.jpeg IMG_8363.jpeg IMG_8353.jpeg IMG_8358.jpeg IMG_8283.jpeg IMG_8280.jpeg IMG_8282.jpeg IMG_8279.png
 
When you say you run the system cooler, do you just not use a heater, or are you using a chiller?
Those AI blades do indeed make everything pop.
That's an impressive Micromussa collection.
 
When you say you run the system cooler, do you just not use a heater, or are you using a chiller?
Those AI blades do indeed make everything pop.
That's an impressive Micromussa collection.
No chiller I set my heater at 76 degrees through my apex so it stays pegged. Thank you for your comment on my Acans. I scour the country looking for good ones that pop.
 
I see that you have replaced the return pump output nozzle. What did you get for that? I am using the stock return nozzle and it is blowing the sand at the front of my tank all over the place. I've turned my powerhead off for a couple days and it still blows the sand around there. Thank you in advance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new