Tidepool/Macroalgae tank

CD_Scapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting a 60S tank out of storage and realized how nice it would be to create a little macroalgae tank for some Eviota gobies and possibly an upside-down trimma goby. I do have a few questions about what to get for the tank equipment-wise:

1. What hang on the back do I go with, tank without sand is only 7" tall so the intake pipe might be a problem (I WILL NOT BE DRILLING THE TANK)
2. I think I will get a Jaebo SLW-10, any recommendations on a wavemaker?
3. Light wise I was thinking of the Lominie F120, it is full spectrum which should work perfectly for macroalgae as well as some zoas that I plan to add to the tank.
4. I read the Evotia gobies are a bit more tolerant of groups, would 6-8 be too many for the 60S? Tank dimensions are 24" x 14" x 7"

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
huh? lol. the post is like a month old. how has it been taken down for a while?

so curious, what was the issue? never got it going or more problems than it was worth?

any time i get ready for a macro algae tank, it ends up getting overrun by hair algae and other like problems.

OP
OP
CD_Scapes

CD_Scapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
huh? lol. the post is like a month old. how has it been taken down for a while?

so curious, what was the issue? never got it going or more problems than it was worth?

any time i get ready for a macro algae tank, it ends up getting overrun by hair algae and other like problems.
Yeah it’s a month old and? It’s taken down, shouldn’t matter that it’s a month old. It’s gone, it’s done.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back