Tiger Pistol Shrimp question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trommell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Trommell

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2022
Messages
79
Reaction score
50
Location
Columbia, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I recently got a yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp a few days ago. Acclimation went great the pistol shrimp hit the ground running and went to work on digging. The goby jumped on him immediately and they were a pair for two days. Now today I see the goby out but no sign of the pistol shrimp all day. The burrow entrance seems to be closed too. All other inverts are accounted for and behaving normal. From what I have read the shrimp and goby will stay close at all times. Is this normal?
 
Hey everyone,

I recently got a yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp a few days ago. Acclimation went great the pistol shrimp hit the ground running and went to work on digging. The goby jumped on him immediately and they were a pair for two days. Now today I see the goby out but no sign of the pistol shrimp all day. The burrow entrance seems to be closed too. All other inverts are accounted for and behaving normal. From what I have read the shrimp and goby will stay close at all times. Is this normal?
He’s probably in his hole molting. I wouldn’t worry to much.
 
Hey everyone,

I recently got a yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp a few days ago. Acclimation went great the pistol shrimp hit the ground running and went to work on digging. The goby jumped on him immediately and they were a pair for two days. Now today I see the goby out but no sign of the pistol shrimp all day. The burrow entrance seems to be closed too. All other inverts are accounted for and behaving normal. From what I have read the shrimp and goby will stay close at all times. Is this normal?
Can be perfectly normal. Just depends on the personality of the specific goby you have... You're lucky, I almost never see my goby anymore. As for the shrimp going mia, if it wasn't acclimated correctly he could have died but it's more likely he's just getting used to the tank
 
My goby sometimes leaves the borrow to explore the tank and doesnt go back while im watching. But at the end of the day he always ends back up in the borrow with the shrimp. Even fish need space from their roommates once in a while.
 
Update the pistol shrimp is perfectly fine, he dug a cave in the back of the tank and now my goby has gone missing... lol assuming he is just hiding in the cave and only come out when I am not watching.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new