Tiger Pistol Shrimp question

Trommell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I recently got a yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp a few days ago. Acclimation went great the pistol shrimp hit the ground running and went to work on digging. The goby jumped on him immediately and they were a pair for two days. Now today I see the goby out but no sign of the pistol shrimp all day. The burrow entrance seems to be closed too. All other inverts are accounted for and behaving normal. From what I have read the shrimp and goby will stay close at all times. Is this normal?

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I recently got a yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp a few days ago. Acclimation went great the pistol shrimp hit the ground running and went to work on digging. The goby jumped on him immediately and they were a pair for two days. Now today I see the goby out but no sign of the pistol shrimp all day. The burrow entrance seems to be closed too. All other inverts are accounted for and behaving normal. From what I have read the shrimp and goby will stay close at all times. Is this normal?
He’s probably in his hole molting. I wouldn’t worry to much.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Can be perfectly normal. Just depends on the personality of the specific goby you have... You're lucky, I almost never see my goby anymore. As for the shrimp going mia, if it wasn't acclimated correctly he could have died but it's more likely he's just getting used to the tank

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goby sometimes leaves the borrow to explore the tank and doesnt go back while im watching. But at the end of the day he always ends back up in the borrow with the shrimp. Even fish need space from their roommates once in a while.

OP
OP
Trommell

Trommell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update the pistol shrimp is perfectly fine, he dug a cave in the back of the tank and now my goby has gone missing... lol assuming he is just hiding in the cave and only come out when I am not watching.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back