Time for an upgrade

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my Nuvo 20 running for about a year now. I wouldn’t say it was overgrown by any stretch, but my desire for new corals continuously has me stuck with not much room left for grow out placement.

I decided to browse some local ads and found a great deal on a used Red Sea Reefer 250. Tank, stand, Sump, and plumbing. Drove down to DC and picked it up as soon as he listed it. I had just recently replaced the lights on my Nuvo 20 with 1 Hydra 32hd. So I think I’lo stick with that light and add another. I also have a Nero 3 already and just found a local reefer with a Nero 5 to add to the mix. Now I just need to decide on a return pump and skimmer. Doubt my Eshopps nano will do me much good in 3x the water volume. This will be slow to start as I decide on an aqua scape and equipment. I have never had much luck with sps, so LPS and softy it will be.

Still deciding if I should use new sand, or mix old and new. I also don’t know if I should let new rock cure in the tank or keep the nuvo running and cycle some rock in there.

21C39CD3-9778-47EB-8157-520E1F5F6A13.jpeg 5A387F0E-C381-4BE8-9D43-E3539D101C16.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Little worried about a cycle of some kind adding more rock
I went from a pair of IM Fusion 25s to my current Red Sea 750 XXL. I cured the extra rock I needed for a few weeks prior, added some Bio-Spira and moved everything across in a few hours. Zero issues.

OP
OP
SchrutesReefs

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read through quite a few Red Sea threads and still haven’t made up my mind on whether or not to swap out the stock plumbing for the more attractive colored pvc. Besides better flow from the return are there any benefits?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back