Time for an upgrade

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2021
Messages
1,242
Reaction score
1,195
Location
East Coast
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my Nuvo 20 running for about a year now. I wouldn’t say it was overgrown by any stretch, but my desire for new corals continuously has me stuck with not much room left for grow out placement.

I decided to browse some local ads and found a great deal on a used Red Sea Reefer 250. Tank, stand, Sump, and plumbing. Drove down to DC and picked it up as soon as he listed it. I had just recently replaced the lights on my Nuvo 20 with 1 Hydra 32hd. So I think I’lo stick with that light and add another. I also have a Nero 3 already and just found a local reefer with a Nero 5 to add to the mix. Now I just need to decide on a return pump and skimmer. Doubt my Eshopps nano will do me much good in 3x the water volume. This will be slow to start as I decide on an aqua scape and equipment. I have never had much luck with sps, so LPS and softy it will be.

Still deciding if I should use new sand, or mix old and new. I also don’t know if I should let new rock cure in the tank or keep the nuvo running and cycle some rock in there.

21C39CD3-9778-47EB-8157-520E1F5F6A13.jpeg 5A387F0E-C381-4BE8-9D43-E3539D101C16.jpeg
 
Thanks! Little worried about a cycle of some kind adding more rock
I went from a pair of IM Fusion 25s to my current Red Sea 750 XXL. I cured the extra rock I needed for a few weeks prior, added some Bio-Spira and moved everything across in a few hours. Zero issues.
 
I’ve read through quite a few Red Sea threads and still haven’t made up my mind on whether or not to swap out the stock plumbing for the more attractive colored pvc. Besides better flow from the return are there any benefits?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new