Timor Wrasse Not Sleeping under the Sand

Streetlamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Timor wrasse that used to bury into the sand each night. Lately she hasn't been. Shes just been sleeping lying under kind of under a rock. Gave me a fright the first time I saw it thought she was dead. Any idea as to what would cause this change.

jnvd3b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Timor wrasse that used to bury into the sand each night. Lately she hasn't been. Shes just been sleeping lying under kind of under a rock. Gave me a fright the first time I saw it thought she was dead. Any idea as to what would cause this change.

That is weird timing I just got one and expected it to hibernate in the sand for a couple days, but it is also ‘sleep lying’ under a rock. Following.

jnvd3b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an update mine is swimming around today so all appears to be OK (hopefully). There really isn’t much on these wrasses online but they are Halichoeres wrasses so obviously can/will go in the sand so I was expecting it like you. When I came downstairs it was laying sideways awkwardly under a rock near the glass (I have a small section of the tank with no sand towards the back) and I swore it was dead. So without really answering you definitively I would say it isn't a super big deal as long as the fish seems otherwise healthy?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back