Timor Wrasse Not Sleeping under the Sand

Streetlamp

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2019
Messages
558
Reaction score
499
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Timor wrasse that used to bury into the sand each night. Lately she hasn't been. Shes just been sleeping lying under kind of under a rock. Gave me a fright the first time I saw it thought she was dead. Any idea as to what would cause this change.
 
I have a Timor wrasse that used to bury into the sand each night. Lately she hasn't been. Shes just been sleeping lying under kind of under a rock. Gave me a fright the first time I saw it thought she was dead. Any idea as to what would cause this change.

That is weird timing I just got one and expected it to hibernate in the sand for a couple days, but it is also ‘sleep lying’ under a rock. Following.
 
As an update mine is swimming around today so all appears to be OK (hopefully). There really isn’t much on these wrasses online but they are Halichoeres wrasses so obviously can/will go in the sand so I was expecting it like you. When I came downstairs it was laying sideways awkwardly under a rock near the glass (I have a small section of the tank with no sand towards the back) and I swore it was dead. So without really answering you definitively I would say it isn't a super big deal as long as the fish seems otherwise healthy?
 
I’m not concerned just curious really to see if anyone knew why or had seen similar behaviour.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new