Tiny critter looking thing in QT tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter joon1004
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joon1004

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a few corals a few weeks ago and I noticed there’s a sizable population of these really tiny creatures. I did dip with coralrx before introducing the corals but I assume there were eggs. They’re about a mm or less and hang at on surfaces and crawl around it seems to have shell. What are these? Are they pests? Should I avoid putting them in my display?

IMG_2558.png
 
Here’s a picture of one I got out of the water not sure if this helps but it definitely is some kind of crustacean
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2560.jpeg
    IMG_2560.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here’s a picture of one I got out of the water not sure if this helps but it definitely is some kind of crustacean
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It's really hard to say for sure from the pics (the critters are tiny, so no blame from me on that one), so I can't give a solid ID here (clear, closer-up pics under white light would help). That said, possibly a Seroloidean Isopod (A.K.A. a Trisobite/Sand Skater)?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new