Tiny fish swimming in my sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishRus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishRus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2022
Messages
79
Reaction score
51
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone think this is possible there is tiny fish swimming in my refugium which is part of my sump.
I have a breeding pair of maroon clowns they have laid eggs over ten times.
I don’t keep my tank spotless I have some different kinds of algae growing.
I have macro algae growing in my refugium that is part of my sump
Is it possible rotifers can grow in the algae and feed the the clown fish larvae ? They went out the overflow are living in the refugium ?
There are also some copepods in there also
 
Last edited:
Anything is possible, however unlikely. There is likely enough food in the macro algae to keep the fish alive, however it may not be getting all of the nutrition it needs without supplementing their diet with Chroma Boost powder (or similar). Good luck!
 
I have seen people get tiny fish hitchhiked in with macro algae.
 
I have seen people get tiny fish hitchhiked in with macro algae.
Good point! If the macro algae came from Florida, then I have seen this happen with rainwater killifish (and could also happen with other fish).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new