Tiny Tang??

  • Thread starter Thread starter alvieman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alvieman

Not FW Safe
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
121
Reaction score
1
Location
Bay City, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am lookin for a small tang....does one exist???? Lookin for one I could put in a 60g cube with open rockwork. Would have pleanty of room, I know most tangs prefer 6ft tanks as they need longer spacing, but was hoping there was a small tang I could fit. Algae control ftw! :) LMK if anyone knows of any, thanks!!
 
I have seen Yellow, and more commonly blue (Dory) tangs the size of a quarter, either of those would be fine for a while in the 60, then move them out as they grow to 2-2.5" mark.
 
I have thought about that, but didnt wanna try to catch the lil guy when the time came. I still have nightmares about getting my Two Spot tang out of my first 60 cube....lol
 
A good trick for catching fish... I use nylon netting that I bought at JoAnn's, 2 yards, cover all the rock and corals, walk away.... Come back in a little while and snatch the netting up, now you have ALL the fish!
 
I've had my eibili tang for a year and he is about the size of a dwarf angel. Awesome fish.
 
LOL. I am trying to take a picture of the bugger but for the life of me he will not stop moving for a split second.

Well i got a couple crappy pics of him. I feel bad though, i had the flash on, it spooked him and he side swiped a rock pretty good.

eibili.jpg


eibili2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Trust me his yellow and blue really pop in person. I just cant get a shot of him, he never stops moving.
 
I have this Orange Fin Tomini tang on my 90g cube and he is about close to 2" . I like it him a lot cuz I have one as well on my 180g for about 2 yrs now and he is 4" and I think thats the large size they get ( not sure) . He glazed on the rocks all day and when I saw one tiny one on my LFS I grab it right away...

Excuse the glass lol
006-9.jpg
 
lol...pnoy...i thought his eye was oozing something out untill i scrolled down further...LOL

I bought a baby hippo (about 3/4") and had him in a 29 for about 6 months so far. he's about to get moved up to my 75 though. he swims around a lot and seems very very happy. I personally feel like as long as the rockwork is "holey" and they could swim around and through the rocks that they'd be fine. I know i'd be happy swimming around the rocks...if I didn't know there were bigger tanks out there...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new