Tiny white critters on glass

Magic City Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me ID these tiny critters that showed up this morning all over my glass? In the video I’m attaching you can see them clearly moving and upon close inspection they look to have a short tail-like thing (almost like sperm? ‍♂️). They are everywhere!

I will test water parameters and post results shortly.

Also worth noting that the tank is 5 weeks old. I did a water change and vacuumed the substrate for the first time on Saturday. I also added two clownfish and a blue tang a few hours later on Saturday evening. The blue tang didn’t make it past Monday but the clownfish pair look fine.

Attachments

• trim.303D3E66-E25E-4003-B32D-5706D46C5D6F.MOV
    3.1 MB
OP
OP
Magic City Reefer

Magic City Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry just realized that the video doesn’t play for some reason. Here’s a pic instead.
372ABDFA-E3DA-4D9F-86DF-75C206B3B190.jpeg

OP
OP
Magic City Reefer

Magic City Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still pods
Yup pods, very good to have. I had an explosion of them like that and to this day have no idea where they come from but the fish ate them all and haven't had them since!
Thank you guys so much! I’m new to this stuff and was freaking out a bit. I already feel guilty about my poor blue tang. I was thinking the worst! You guys are great for being so quick to respond! I really appreciate it!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back