Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by R2R Articles, Jan 18, 2019.

Beginner Topic Tips for Getting the Most From the Reef2Reef Forum

An article for beginners to the Reef2Reef discussion forum and how to make the most of your stay here.
  1. kireek

kireek PLANESWALKER R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor

Awesome write up.Bookmarked!

2. Raymond Gathright

Raymond Gathright Member

Cynthia, great article. I've used forums off and on for the last 10 or 15 years. I've got away from it the last year or two, so technology is getting ahead of me. How do i up load a picture or a video? If nothing else could you send me the right link?
    Thanks, Raymond

3. hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

4. Seawitch

Seawitch Water, water everywhere, Staff Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Article Administrator

Hi Raymond. Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure this information can be found elsewhere, but I'm just going to tell you right here!

For a video, the main thing you have to know is the video needs to be "hosted" somewhere. There are lots of places you can do that for free. Most of us just upload it to youtube. Once it's uploaded somewhere, all you need is the URL or address of where the video lives, and you can just copy and paste that URL in your message. For example, on youtube, here's a screenshot of a video that I love. Look at the top, and you'll see the URL. That's what you copy and paste into your message. The video will be automatically embedded.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 7.27.32 AM.png

And here's the actual video:

For photos:

What you do is click on "Upload a File" (see screenshot below)

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 7.33.41 AM.png

Then you choose whatever photo file you want. Here's me choosing a screenshot from my computer.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 7.35.26 AM.png

Then if you look further below, you will see that the photo files are uploaded.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 7.35.53 AM.png

So, you put your cursor wherever you want the photo to appear in the message, and click on full image.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 7.36.12 AM.png

Now your photo will be visible in the message. You'll get used to it. It may feel cumbersome at first, but it will become second nature. Then you just click on "Post Reply" when you're ready to publish your message or comment.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 7.42.43 AM.png

5. Richard Ivory

Richard Ivory Active Member UK Reef Club Member Build Thread Contributor

great article thanks

Seawitch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted