Tips for solenoid to control CO2 scrubber

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running a aquamaxx in sump skimmer which works great with the brs co2 scrubber but i have to drastically restrict the air through the scrubber to get the skimmer to skim properly. ( i honestly don't know how its even getting air. i have a small air line folded in half and jammed in to the larger intake line of the scrubber. it must be letting some air through because if i just use my finger to resrtict the air no goes through the scrubber al all. My problem is the ph has been getting up to 8.39...i turn it off before it goes any higher. i want to use a solenoid so control this but dont know how to set it up with such a restrictive setup.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about raising or lowering the skimmer? I had to put mine on top of three bio bricks so that the skimmer set up higher in shallower water. Would hate to see you need to do an expensive and complex solenoid if thinking about the problem in another way addresses your issue

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately I have an AIO and cant adjust the height of the skimmer because i have the intake cut to draw from the bottom of the media basket.

VideoCapture_20210919-012006.jpg 20210916_213326.jpg

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this video. Some where in it brs t’s off the intake with an adjustable valve. Would that work? Time 36:06

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this video. Some where in it brs t’s off the intake with an adjustable valve. Would that work? Time 36:06

Disregard. I reread your issue. You want a ph controller to open and close it. I was looking at this too. Hydros x3 has this and was looking at it today. Has a ph point that will trigger the hydros solenoid. Saw it on premiumawutics.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disregard. I reread your issue. You want a ph controller to open and close it. I was looking at this too. Hydros x3 has this and was looking at it today. Has a ph point that will trigger the hydros solenoid. Saw it on premiumawutics.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do! I have an apex to control it and want to T off the C02 scrubber and put a solenoid in. My biggest concern is it'll still be drawing through the scrubber because i have to restrict the flow so much to the point I don't know how its even getting air.

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to petition demand to encourage a manufacturer to build one expressly for this purpose but I'm not getting any traction.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back