Tips on Changing Aquascape

AlexVic

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2024
Messages
156
Reaction score
37
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m going to replace 10lbs of rock with 15lbs of new rock. Do you guys have any tips on how to make this as smooth as possible?
 
I’d say around 40lbs of rock
Then that’s 25% of your rocks so if you have any living inhabitants in the tank, do it slowly, a few rocks every 4 weeks. You can also cycle the rocks in a bucket before adding them if you want to go faster.

That’s what I would do. I’m sure some people do it faster though.
 
Then that’s 25% of your rocks so if you have any living inhabitants in the tank, do it slowly, a few rocks every 4 weeks. You can also cycle the rocks in a bucket before adding them if you want to go faster.

That’s what I would do. I’m sure some people do it faster though.
^

Absolutely. Some of my biggest mistakes were rushing changes in scape, rock and sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new