Tissue recession after fragging

Montrosereef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
407
Reaction score
35
Location
TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first time fragging a stony coral didn't go well. I use Revive to dip the frags and it does not stop Tissue recession. I wonder what solution you use that gives you a good result and the percentage of it to water in the mix. Thanks for any help!

I have CoralRX Pro, Lugo by Kent, and Reef Dip too.
 
Personally I don't dip my corals when cutting them... Never lost a frag due to a cut and recession. If your parameters are good and your methodology is good you should be fine.

Can you post a description of your SPS fragging process? Include timeframes if you pause at certain steps...

I have found that Reef Dip works well to stop SPS recession. Lugols does too. With Reef Dip I put a cap or two into a cool-whip container of tank water. Overdosed I know, but then I let it sit in the dip for a good 5 minutes of so. Then I dip it into a bucket of fresh tank water then back to the tank it goes... This has saved a couple colonies from receding.
 
I cut a piece of encrusted Monti, meteor shower.

My procedure:
I first used a samll container to mix tank water and Revive and put the coral inside. I used AquaSaw to cut so the cutting was clean. Then I glued the frags and put them back in the solution mix for 5 minutes and then move them to the tank. Anything wrong here? Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new