Tissue recession after fragging

Montrosereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first time fragging a stony coral didn't go well. I use Revive to dip the frags and it does not stop Tissue recession. I wonder what solution you use that gives you a good result and the percentage of it to water in the mix. Thanks for any help!

I have CoralRX Pro, Lugo by Kent, and Reef Dip too.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don't dip my corals when cutting them... Never lost a frag due to a cut and recession. If your parameters are good and your methodology is good you should be fine.

Can you post a description of your SPS fragging process? Include timeframes if you pause at certain steps...

I have found that Reef Dip works well to stop SPS recession. Lugols does too. With Reef Dip I put a cap or two into a cool-whip container of tank water. Overdosed I know, but then I let it sit in the dip for a good 5 minutes of so. Then I dip it into a bucket of fresh tank water then back to the tank it goes... This has saved a couple colonies from receding.

OP
OP
M

Montrosereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut a piece of encrusted Monti, meteor shower.

My procedure:
I first used a samll container to mix tank water and Revive and put the coral inside. I used AquaSaw to cut so the cutting was clean. Then I glued the frags and put them back in the solution mix for 5 minutes and then move them to the tank. Anything wrong here? Thanks!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back