The Outrigger

IMG_20241016_202143337_HDR.jpg

Build thread updated, giveaway entry earned.
 
So far so good. It'll be moving with us when I want to fight it out of the tank. Which is a thing I'm trying to avoid...
 
Welp. Let's see what happens when they arrive to @MERKEY. I shoulda learned more before shipping, could get well be an expensive lesson. Not as expensive as my foray into day trading, but up there.
Screenshot_20241031-210652.png
 
Welp. Let's see what happens when they arrive to @MERKEY. I shoulda learned more before shipping, could get well be an expensive lesson. Not as expensive as my foray into day trading, but up there.
Screenshot_20241031-210652.png
I'll get them into fresh water as fast as possible.

Do they have e both boxes or is this just the clown and nems?
 
Last edited:
"title subject to change" is now becoming "the outrigger"

The tank:
  • 10 gallon that I successfully drilled! Took forever, but nothing broke.
  • 20# crushed coral substrate
  • Plumbed into the "big" tank
  • Lights will probably be a fresh water light.
  • Macro algae
  • Mangroves
  • Rfas?
  • Pods!!!!
  • Probably other critters tbd
IMG_20250112_083700585_HDR.jpg
IMG_20250112_083708122_HDR.jpg
 
We've had some die off but that's ok. I think the macro has stabilized. Plus I'm dosing ammonium, so there are nutrients.
IMG_20250125_072705824_HDR.jpg
IMG_20250125_072714432.jpg



Also, I should do something more permanent with and beneficial for the mangroves. Will they root as they are or should I support them from now?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new