~TJ'S 125g ~ Building of the Reef~

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by TJ's Reef, Nov 1, 2013.

1. 1guydude

1guydude Active Member

Wat up with that build man?! (Pokes the bear)
    -d

2. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Thanks Todd, it is a beauty for sure :D

3. Pepcrylic

Pepcrylic Active Member

Still waiting for that phone call........

4. spllbnd2

spllbnd2 Active Member

Very nice build Todd. I remember coming and seeing this in person while you were building it and then after the reef was in full bloom. What a great build and an awesome reef.

Cheers,
    Alex

5. spllbnd2

spllbnd2 Active Member

I forgot to mention that I am looking forward to seeing the next build. Are you going bigger and combining tanks? Or just bigger on the one tank and keeping the nano tank?

Cheers,
    Alex

6. TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef Valuable Member R2R Excellence Award Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all, I've been super busy of late and so kind of a no show on the Forums mostly. Wrapping up most of my home projects and getting back to my prepping for the new build before Summer Salmon Fishing takes over. Alex and Devin, I'll just be replacing the 125g (60x24x20) with a new 185g (60x24x30) but will also be fabricating a 'Ghost Style' overflow and ditching the current 2 corner overflow design. This will free up some needed space inside the stand as well without having to 1-1/2" drains with huge space hogging gate valves in there. I have a bunch of new Apex toys to install in its place after the tank swap. I've also done a fair ammount of Coral trading for other Corals and some nice Tonga Branch to create the new aquascape with. Still have not decided if I'll take the time to fabricate a new sump/fuge or not yet.... this would be the time to do so though, it would just add another 2-3 days to the project.

DAVE, I'll be calling you bud for sure..... may be a couple weeks out yet though as still need to finish fencing off entirely and clean my shop of all Cedar dust/chips/MESS. The FINISH LINE is within sight, and Gina has added a little ash/carbon to the Garden as well burning 25 or so fence sections.
    IMG_20150301_155936681.jpg

Cheers, Todd

7. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Great job on the Fence Todd! I see spring buds on the trees also :)

8. TJ's Reef

YES ! SPRING is finally here, supposed to be 68* on Friday Woot Woot !

Just in case Josh pays a visit here thought I'd throw up a few quick cell phone pics.

FTS 3-24-15
    FTS 3-24-15.jpg

My Banggai pair with overworked Papa having yet another batch of eggs in his mouth.
    Banggai pair with male having mouthful of eggs  3-24-15.jpg

Melanurus Wrasse since I had no pics of him
    Melanurus Wrasse 3-24-15.jpg

Cheers, Todd

9. prsnlty

All beautiful as always Todd :D

10. C4!

C4! Active Member

Very nice looking tank, I especially love the larger mature colonies. Great job :)

The new 185 will it be 30" wide or tall?? If you can I'd suggest going wide, the height is cool, but man the added depth front to back is so amazing to work with IMO/IME!

11. heathd.hd

heathd.hd Valuable Member

Agreed

12. TJ's Reef

Hmmmmm...... what do we have here ????? Yet another beautiful Blue Box from Unique............so did my first water change since first of October to accommodate them.
    IMG_20150325_132151401.jpg

and on the inside a very nice 8-pack + of purdy Sticks. Top left and going clockwise: UC 'Forest' Monti, ORA 'Joe the Coral', A. vermiculata 'Super Blue', A. exqusita, Peppermint Acan, Deepwater A. echinata ? Blue Polyp, UC Rainbow Milli, BONUS Milli, Bali mari-culture Milli Combo
    IMG_20150325_133359317.jpg

I'll try and get some decent shots of these guys tomorrow.................. did I mention that I also picked up these mari-cultured beauties yesterday from a new Coral Shop in Bellevue, WA... Sea King Aquariums, the top 2 Acros and two of the three Z's I found interesting. The mother colony of the top left Acro was amazing
    IMG_20150325_133548757_HDR - Copy.jpg

Frag Tank is nearly as stuffed as my Display now....................someone please STOP ME !!!

Cheers, Todd

13. spspirate

spspirate Tidepool Explorer Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Looking great Todd!!!

14. SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper Where's the mysis? Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Todd, you're rank looks great!!

15. heathd.hd

I'll send u a prepaid box to free up some room into! Lol

16. TJ's Reef

Thanks Andy and Krista, hopefully finish off the majority of fence tomorrow so can clean out the shop for Acrylic work. New tank is going to be so much fun as is one of my favorite aspects of the hobby in creating then aqua-scaping a Reeftank.

Already, and still on my 'PIF' list Heath. Just need to work out last of the details with discounted FedEx Shipping through my good friend ????? at ??

This is before placing all the UC frags and making another 20 or so from Display today. Major game of tile shuffling...
    IMG_20150325_133457086_HDR.jpg

Cheers, Todd

17. heathd.hd

Hahah just giving u a hard time bud! Looks like you have been making some progress even with working and the outside projects. That's awesome.

18. prsnlty

Wow Todd! .... I'm speachless! Fantastic looking "frags" you just picked up!

And your frag tank looks like a sales tank rather than personal ha,ha! Nahhh you're not a coral addict, you are a connoisseur :p

19. AquaCox

AquaCox Active Member

Corals are lookin great! With the new tank being 30 tall are you going to put optics back on your leds ?

20. prsnlty

Are you cutting that acrylic yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted