~TJ'S 125g ~ Building of the Reef~

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jackie, it is a standard Hawaiian Naso not a Blonde and will be very sad to let him/her go a few years down the road..... unless I go B-I-G

Joe and Kevin.................................. Yes, I have been a little busy lately to say the least. Nearing the end of my re-fencing project so can once more clean up shop for some acrylic work.... maybe by early next week. With our very 'Spring' like conditions out here will be playing in the dirt getting the Garden going and Spring Cleaning in the yard as well. Then continuation of my Boat renovation to be ready for Summer Chinook (King) Season on Puget Sound............ maybe need to ask a favor and have my buddy Dave (pepcrylic) come up to assist with the build on one of his precious days off.

Cheers, Todd

Still waiting for that phone call........

spllbnd2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build Todd. I remember coming and seeing this in person while you were building it and then after the reef was in full bloom. What a great build and an awesome reef.

Cheers,
Alex

spllbnd2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention that I am looking forward to seeing the next build. Are you going bigger and combining tanks? Or just bigger on the one tank and keeping the nano tank?

Cheers,
Alex

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all, I've been super busy of late and so kind of a no show on the Forums mostly. Wrapping up most of my home projects and getting back to my prepping for the new build before Summer Salmon Fishing takes over. Alex and Devin, I'll just be replacing the 125g (60x24x20) with a new 185g (60x24x30) but will also be fabricating a 'Ghost Style' overflow and ditching the current 2 corner overflow design. This will free up some needed space inside the stand as well without having to 1-1/2" drains with huge space hogging gate valves in there. I have a bunch of new Apex toys to install in its place after the tank swap. I've also done a fair ammount of Coral trading for other Corals and some nice Tonga Branch to create the new aquascape with. Still have not decided if I'll take the time to fabricate a new sump/fuge or not yet.... this would be the time to do so though, it would just add another 2-3 days to the project.

DAVE, I'll be calling you bud for sure..... may be a couple weeks out yet though as still need to finish fencing off entirely and clean my shop of all Cedar dust/chips/MESS. The FINISH LINE is within sight, and Gina has added a little ash/carbon to the Garden as well burning 25 or so fence sections.
IMG_20150301_155936681.jpg

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES ! SPRING is finally here, supposed to be 68* on Friday Woot Woot !

Just in case Josh pays a visit here thought I'd throw up a few quick cell phone pics.

FTS 3-24-15
FTS 3-24-15.jpg

My Banggai pair with overworked Papa having yet another batch of eggs in his mouth.
Banggai pair with male having mouthful of eggs  3-24-15.jpg

Melanurus Wrasse since I had no pics of him
Melanurus Wrasse 3-24-15.jpg

Cheers, Todd

C4!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking tank, I especially love the larger mature colonies. Great job :)

The new 185 will it be 30" wide or tall?? If you can I'd suggest going wide, the height is cool, but man the added depth front to back is so amazing to work with IMO/IME!

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmm...... what do we have here ????? Yet another beautiful Blue Box from Unique............so did my first water change since first of October to accommodate them.
IMG_20150325_132151401.jpg

and on the inside a very nice 8-pack + of purdy Sticks. Top left and going clockwise: UC 'Forest' Monti, ORA 'Joe the Coral', A. vermiculata 'Super Blue', A. exqusita, Peppermint Acan, Deepwater A. echinata ? Blue Polyp, UC Rainbow Milli, BONUS Milli, Bali mari-culture Milli Combo
IMG_20150325_133359317.jpg

I'll try and get some decent shots of these guys tomorrow.................. did I mention that I also picked up these mari-cultured beauties yesterday from a new Coral Shop in Bellevue, WA... Sea King Aquariums, the top 2 Acros and two of the three Z's I found interesting. The mother colony of the top left Acro was amazing
IMG_20150325_133548757_HDR - Copy.jpg

Frag Tank is nearly as stuffed as my Display now....................someone please STOP ME !!!

Cheers, Todd

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todd, you're rank looks great!!

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Andy and Krista, hopefully finish off the majority of fence tomorrow so can clean out the shop for Acrylic work. New tank is going to be so much fun as is one of my favorite aspects of the hobby in creating then aqua-scaping a Reeftank.

I'll send u a prepaid box to free up some room into! Lol

Already, and still on my 'PIF' list Heath. Just need to work out last of the details with discounted FedEx Shipping through my good friend ????? at ??

This is before placing all the UC frags and making another 20 or so from Display today. Major game of tile shuffling...
IMG_20150325_133457086_HDR.jpg

Cheers, Todd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahah just giving u a hard time bud! Looks like you have been making some progress even with working and the outside projects. That's awesome.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Todd! .... I'm speachless! Fantastic looking "frags" you just picked up!

And your frag tank looks like a sales tank rather than personal ha,ha! Nahhh you're not a coral addict, you are a connoisseur :p

AquaCox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals are lookin great! With the new tank being 30 tall are you going to put optics back on your leds ?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

• I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other.

Back