TM All for reef with carbo calcium?

NickHolmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it necessary to dose carbo calcium with all for reef? I'm currently dosing 30ml's per day in a 60 gallon tank but it is steadily going up.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbo calcium is the major component of All for Reef. You want to dose more on the side?

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing for ALK stability or trying to does to match calcium consumption? If you are dosing and maintaining ALK but you CAL is low. I would check you test and maybe look at using a 2 part. You could have a imbalance in the take up.
I am currently dosing AFR and although my calcium is slightly lower than I want my ALK is rock steady and corals are happy so I am not messing with it/.

OP
OP
N

NickHolmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk is a little low at 7 and calcium is 400. I started to increase the dose up to 4ml's over the last few weeks but still holding fast at 7. Tank is SPS dominated and growing well so I'm not overly concerned. All for reef is in short supply in Africa so I might add the carbo calcium to make whats left of the tub to go further.

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk is a little low at 7 and calcium is 400. I started to increase the dose up to 4ml's over the last few weeks but still holding fast at 7. Tank is SPS dominated and growing well so I'm not overly concerned. All for reef is in short supply in Africa so I might add the carbo calcium to make whats left of the tub to go further.
I have been using the powdered version, not sure if that is easier to get or not. I have my alk at 10dkh, my calcium runs 390-410. I wish it was higher but everything is happy and appears to be growing

OP
OP
N

NickHolmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the powdered version, not sure if that is easier to get or not. I have my alk at 10dkh, my calcium runs 390-410. I wish it was higher but everything is happy and appears to be growing
The liquid AFR is readily available but ridiculously expensive

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The liquid AFR is readily available but ridiculously expensive
That is why I have the powder also. I am not dosing as much as you are though so in a pinch I have used the liquid 500ml jug while waiting for restocks on the powder.

Back