To add or not to add?

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I've got a waterbox 35.2 set up since June 19th and am debating adding a second MP10 to it. I have one about a third down from the top in the middle of the side panel and running Reef Crest mode at 70% but I'm seeing it's about as much flow as I like. Lots of counter clockwise water circulation going on. Would like more random flow patterns besides using RFG's which won't do what I want it to do.

I'm also running the IM mighty jet 538 return pump at full flow.

Second question, I'm thinking of grabbing the Sicce syncra SDC 3.0 return pump as it'll fit and is rated at 800 gph over the IM mid size mighty jet pump at 538 gph. At least I have more wiggle room in increasing the return flow. May add a y fitting and direct flow through the Aqua advantage 2000+ UV sterilizer which would save me on retrofitting a second pump for the sterilizer.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
Salty_Northerner

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was thinking the SDC pump and ordered it. It won't be here till next week so any ideas on an adjustable Y fitting, like I was thinking I could split the return flow into the tank and also split some of the flow to the hang on aqua advantage 2000+ 15 Watt sterilizer. It's not like Im going to have head pressure to deal with.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back