To BTA or not?

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't matter where you put it, if it's not happy where it is it will move over sand on the glass it doesn't matter. You also have to worry about splitting and then you're dealing with more than one. I started with one and wound up with five after the splits. I set up an anemone tank to move them to.
In my experience, mine haven't moved across the sand, but they will move on to the glass if they can reach it. And they definitely grow and split.

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I very surprised there is no talk in this thread about knowing if your tank is capable of supporting a nem of any kind. Now of the nems Btas seem to be easier than most, but they still need an established tank with stable parameters and mid to high level lighting.
Given the proper environment, they will find a place they like and stay there unless circumstances change.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine. Moved about 4 inches from where I put him and has lived there ever since.

Put a covering over your power heads. Why even take the chance?

59694976-9B41-42CC-926A-E76D5B963AC0.jpeg

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, mine haven't moved across the sand, but they will move on to the glass if they can reach it. And they definitely grow and split.
I should have been more clear. Not so much move across the sand on their own but puff up their foot and float with the current over the sand.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back