To Carbon dose or not

I suspected that may be the case. I'll step up the feeding over the next few days an monitor the phospate and nitrate. Are the coral likely to recover? It's a mixed reef.
 
Can someone that has more knowledge than me give me a bit of help please?

I currently use lanthanum to control my phosphate it's stable at 0.03

My nitrate is consistently 20ppm
I'd like to try and get them to single numbers and see if I can keep them at a lower level without dosing I have a sump full of siporax and only use a skimmer

My tank is around 260 gallons and is mostly SPS frags

If I dose nopox to help bring nitrate down will that drop my phosphate to 0 as it's already low ?
Is there any other methods to lower nitrate that won't effect phosphate

Any advice would be great
 
good question. My experience with nopox is start very slow. I dosed at the recommended level from the start and it was a disaster. It will take your phosphate to zero. I'm trying to drag it back up to .15 and it's taking weeks. .
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new