To Clean or Not to Clean

  • Thread starter Thread starter bgoldb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Does anyone else clean the sludge out of their plumbing on a regular basis? Is this even beneficial to the aquarium? If we clean our pumps and other equipment, why not our plumbing?
I over the decades dont bother with that especially with most plumbing being fused with PVC cement. Should you have a need to go through plumbing to release a stuck snail as an example, you can use a small tape measure and use like a fish tape
 
After 15yrs of tank uptime I installed a new sump and redid all the plumbing. I was surprised that the internal growth in the old plumbing was not bad at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new