To much fish for my tank?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, when I say first wrasse I meant of the sand sleepers (Fairies don’t really bother with Leopards). You can definitely have Fairies and Flashers in with leopards. When you come to Halichoeres it’s slightly more risky but if you stay with the smaller species you should also be safe.
With all sand sleeping species, you should look for the exact same things.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, Leopards are only difficult if you find an unhealthy one. Follow these guidelines to a healthy leopard and you should be on an easy road.
- Make sure it has NO mouth damages
- Does it look lethargic/diseased? If yes then pass on it
- Put them into a more established tank (I put mine into my nano when it was 7 months old but you could add one in a 5-6 month old tank)
- Does it already feed at the LFS?
- If it does feed and passes every other check, go for it
- If it doesn’t feed, ditch it

That should be every key issue with leopards. As long as the leopard is the first wrasse to go in and is in with peaceful fish at first you should be fine :)
That's awesome! Definitely very similar to what I want!

I forgot about the leopard wrasse. With the wife be a huge leopard lover, maybe that will get her mind of the blue tang lol.

Are they really as difficult as they say?
Would they do well with a coral beauty?
What are some other colorful wrasse they would go well with?

My tank only been up for 4 months now too, but this is my update stocking list, since I originally posted this:
I will say i tried two and both died within a week. I saw both feed multiple times at the store and in my tanks. But one day it went belly up. Ill try another one day but from what I gathered its the way they are collected is the reason they are not as hearty. Idk if thats true but thats from two different sources.

I want to try another but will try with Dr. Reef next time.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say i tried two and both died within a week. I saw both feed multiple times at the store and in my tanks. But one day it went belly up. Ill try another one day but from what I gathered its the way they are collected is the reason they are not as hearty. Idk if thats true but thats from two different sources.

I want to try another but will try with Dr. Reef next time.
Chances are your two both had internal parasites. Either that or the way they were collected did play a big part in it.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are your two both had internal parasites. Either that or the way they were collected did play a big part in it.
Its definitely the fish that killing me to keep alive right now. Why i want to try again. When im ready again ill be DMing you with a ton of questions :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s definitely the fish that killing me to keep alive right now. Why i want to try again. When im ready again ill be DMing you with a ton of questions :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I’ll be waiting :) Also, when you try again… Photos are a must!

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be waiting :) Also, when you try again… Photos are a must!
Bill Murray Yes GIF

OP
OP
B

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So little update.... Talked the wife out of the blue tang! Got her a Valentine puffer for FOWLR take in our bed room and she is happy!

So I got me a clouded wrasse and he is a pretty awesome and pretty looking wrasse!

How will he do with a fairy wrasse? If not, suggest anything that is colorful, active and won't break the bank? He ran me $120 and is kind of my limit to what I don't mind spending on a fish.

Looking to add in another wrasse that may be as active or colorful as him!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back