To much flow?!?

JustenT

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 gallon cube with a 15g sump, I have a pump that is pumping around 320 GPH. Is this too much flow for my clown pair? They are wondering around the tank, but never stop moving. I also have a cleaner shrimp, Will this be a problem for him? I’m new to saltwater, I’ve only had freshwater which tend to have a low flow. My clowns were in a 8g cube with a 20g aquaclear filter.
 
I'm not clear when you say You have a pump pumping 320 gph....is that the return pump flow or is it a powerhead flow. Either way, that's not too much flow. As a metter of fact, depending on rockwork, I'd consider adding another powerhead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new