To reefmat or not to reefmat

  • Thread starter Thread starter snakemau
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

snakemau

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
172
Reaction score
116
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm getting a Mariner x 110.4 next month. I have everything ready for it but debating if I should use the socks or remove them and install a reefmat 500. I have a bubble magus curve elite 5 skimmer ready. I just don't want to have to change it later and deal with that mess, so if the best approach is to use the reefmat then I will remove the baffles as soon as I get it.... but if the reefmat is not worth it then I will just let it be....suggestions??
 
I’m a fan of rollers in general. Changing socks near daily seems archaic.
not familiar with the reefmat, I run a small bubble magus roller that is modded to accept 2 main drains and it still keeps up. Been running the same roll for 4 months and its only halfway, so all the posts about bad BM rolls aren’t applicable to my experience.
the reefmat looks like a beast! Isn’t that the one that will send you notifications as well? I like that kind of redundancy. Go for it if you got the finances! Personally, I will be DIYing my next roller mat because its only plastic, the roll, some float switches, and a 12v motor. I’m pretty sure I can make something more efficient that will have a more open design, for a fraction of the investment.
 
I’m a fan of rollers in general. Changing socks near daily seems archaic.
not familiar with the reefmat, I run a small bubble magus roller that is modded to accept 2 main drains and it still keeps up. Been running the same roll for 4 months and its only halfway, so all the posts about bad BM rolls aren’t applicable to my experience.
the reefmat looks like a beast! Isn’t that the one that will send you notifications as well? I like that kind of redundancy. Go for it if you got the finances! Personally, I will be DIYing my next roller mat because its only plastic, the roll, some float switches, and a 12v motor. I’m pretty sure I can make something more efficient that will have a more open design, for a fraction of the investment.
did you ever dyi your own?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new