To sandbed, or not to sandbed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter maxxin69
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

maxxin69

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2014
Messages
165
Reaction score
10
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the real question. I know that this question has been asked a million times and more, but I'm wanting an opinion. I currently have sand and some lps on the sandbed, but recently I've been wanting to take out the sand and place high-end encrusting montis on the bottom and maybe place rocks in their path so that they have some texture. Does this sound attractive to you guys? Or should I just bag it and keep it like it is now?
 
I went bare for about 10 months without success. Ever since adding 1" of reef flake everything started taking off. Then again my problem was lack of nutrients
 
I love my BB reef...
uploadfromtaptalk1425567810665.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1425567826212.jpg


Ultimately it's up to you... don't worry about what other folks think... if you like it then roll with it...

I think monti or chalice on the bottom would be sweet
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new