Toadstool glued to frag

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just received my toadstool! But, I saw that it was Glued into the frag and seems like it is already coming of the frag. It already has a stem so I’m not sure how I can let it grow onto a frag. I don’t think I can rubber band it, but is there any other way to stick them in my tank? I’m putting it in a place that I can’t really wedge it into. What else should I do? It’s pretty small maybe about an inch and a half.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just put some super glue on the bottom of the stem and stick it where you want it.
I would also just re super glue it where you want it, or re glue it back to a frag plug for now. It shouldn't come off again if glued right. Using super glue is completely normal and safe for the water.

OP
OP
Anak’s Reef

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also just re super glue it where you want it, or re glue it back to a frag plug for now. It shouldn't come off again if glued right. Using super glue is completely normal and safe for the water.
Also, should I dip it? I read some threads of hurting toadstools by dipping. But also some that say it is fine. I will be dipping in coral rx if it’s okay

klownfizh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it still isnt sticking with glue, try getting some rubble and a container and let the stem stick on the rubble then you can glue the rubble to wherever you want. Works for me on all my leather frags.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leathers do best if attached to a piece of rock rubble. Super glue will not hold as the tissue will "sloth" off and detach.

Using a rubber band lightly around its base to hold on to a piece of rubble rock works well. Lightly, if too tight it will cut through the tissue. In a week, it should be firmly attached.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back