Toadstool Mushroom Fragging itself

Nick30G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a toadstool mushroom that has shed twice now since I had it for several months now. For about a week now it had been closed because it was shedding its skin (which is good) because it means its growing. However I noticed today that it's doing something very interesting. As far as I can tell it is literally fragging itself near the base/finger of the coral. Anyone else experienced this before. What should I do with the tiny piece once it breaks off? Should I rubber band it to a small piece of live rock? This is very exciting and cool to see!

20190926_232904.jpg

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I've had it and seen it. I've never had any luck forcing a leather to a rock. I find it more cooperative to corral it in a container with some rocks and let it choose.

OP
OP
N

Nick30G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on this: shortly after posting this it detached itself from the mushroom so I took it and rubberband it to a small piece of rock. Within a week it attached itself to the rock so I removed the rubber band. It is now very happy and fully extending and starting to grow. Very awesome to have this happen!

20191019_212732.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back