toadstool not opening

Teen reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2020
Messages
135
Reaction score
95
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, i bought a toadstool leather about 3 days ago from WWC and it still hasn't open so can someone tell me if it is just getting used to the tank or is it going to shed? i do not does my tank because it is a soft coral only tank but i did test ,my nitrate and phosphate but i do not have any test kits for the rest or the elements. and is it normal for toadstool leather to shed when added to a new tank?
nitrate 15 ppm
phosphate .1 ppm
sorry i do not have any pictures...
 
How did you acclimate it? Sounds like it's in shock resulting in polyp bailout.
 
Mine shed and only opened a week after adding. I'd monitor it for a few more days
 
toadstool leathers can be major drama queens! I've had my green toadstool closed for months because some xenia were touching it. I pulled them off last week and it starting opening up again....
I need to look for that I’ve had a fiji yellow looking great and healthy but never putting out it’s polyps for months... weird
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new