Toadstool Troubleshooting

wvfeefkeeper80

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
36
Location
WV
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had “Toadstool” for almost six months and he’s done beautifully. Normal behavior of droop and shed. This shed though, I saw some darkness around his cap.
Is Toad getting sick? Dying? There are sponges at the base, but they’ve delved deeper into the rock, not up his stalk. Thoughts? Suggestions? Additionally, what risk do sick or dying coral pose to the rest of the ecosystem?

0CF40582-975D-44CC-A436-DDB5D82FC119.jpeg 3758B914-B7FB-4547-8352-2B0F6601D9FB.jpeg
 
Update: The color has restored. What gives?
 
They are like mood rings. they change color, bend over, haze over and even lose tissue from shedding.
all good- nice looking toadstool !!
 
They are like mood rings. they change color, bend over, haze over and even lose tissue from shedding.
all good- nice looking toadstool !!
Thanks for the information and compliment! It’s a labor of love, so good to know I’m doing alright!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new