Toadstool under attack! Ideas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter j0shc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

j0shc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Location
norwalk
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammer corals have become a bit overgrown and I am finally starting to sell/trade some off. I recently had one section that died off after being covered and it just began regrowing a head into one of my big toadstools, it is damaging the tissue and causing it to stay retracted the last couple of days.

I am wondering, should I cut (or peal off?) the toadstool at the base and move it? Or should I try and break the hammer coral out and move it off of the toadstool? Pictures show the damage+closed head just a tough spot to photograph.

IMG_1818.jpeg IMG_1817.jpeg IMG_1816.jpeg
 
I have heard that you can slice them at the bottom of their base and relocate them rather easily.
 
I'd like to see the bigger picture here, but I would almost just let it be natural and see what happens.
Here are some lights off pics included
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1859.jpeg
    IMG_1859.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1860.jpeg
    IMG_1860.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1876.jpeg
    IMG_1876.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1875.jpeg
    IMG_1875.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 19
Update: Removed the hammer coral and the Toadstool opened up and is healing now!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new