Toadstools been closed for awhile

Bradsreeftank21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello so my toadstool went through a lot I watched snails literally walk all over it, it fell of my rocks and now it seems like it hasn’t been out for the past couple weeks and there’s a very thin layer of like brown diatoms on it. All my other corals are doing great. Could it still be irritated from what it went through ? All parameters are good

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
They need flow and from what you describe, it is lacking such.
Start with a turkey baster and gently blast the brown stuff loose. Increase flow or direct flow by aiming TOWARDS, not AT the toadstool. In 24 hours or less, should open up. They have a film on their surface that needs to stay loose.

Basic requirements are moderate lighting and water flow, good water quality and occasional addition of iron to tank water

OP
OP
B

Bradsreeftank21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need flow and from what you describe, it is lacking such.
Start with a turkey baster and gently blast the brown stuff loose. Increase flow or direct flow by aiming TOWARDS, not AT the toadstool. In 24 hours or less, should open up. They have a film on their surface that needs to stay loose.

Basic requirements are moderate lighting and water flow, good water quality and occasional addition of iron to tank water
Wow I will try that thank you for the info!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back