Toadstools.Japanese toadstool.. weeping willow... lets see them!

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much for these? Do u ship?
We do not ship at this time. I made about a dozen frags, sold them for $100 and they were all gone in a day. Granted we still have the mother as and a few frags as back ups. It really was one of my favorite pieces that we have imported.

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1142.JPG
Amazing whats the name on this one!!!!!

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do not ship at this time. I made about a dozen frags, sold them for $100 and they were all gone in a day. Granted we still have the mother as and a few frags as back ups. It really was one of my favorite pieces that we have imported.
I'd be interested if you ever sell them again!!!

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what this qualifies as but I love it. The video doesn’t adjust with the yellow lens for some reason. 680F83C3-FDAA-4E15-984F-1C408CE3F982.jpeg 39DB37E9-70AD-4A26-B32E-B2EF65797B68.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0092.MOV
    13.7 MB

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone buy theirs from Aqua Corals?? Penny claims she sells True weeping willow toadstools, I’ve had this for a year or so now and the polyps are barely an inch long. I’ve tried contacting her about it and she won’t respond. Clearly these polyps are nothing like a true weeping willow. The size of this has tripled but the polyps haven’t.

Attachments

• F57631DA-534E-4721-9F41-DAF8B1117E85.jpeg
    F57631DA-534E-4721-9F41-DAF8B1117E85.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 71

bean2986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone buy theirs from Aqua Corals?? Penny claims she sells True weeping willow toadstools, I’ve had this for a year or so now and the polyps are barely an inch long. I’ve tried contacting her about it and she won’t respond. Clearly these polyps are nothing like a true weeping willow. The size of this has tripled but the polyps haven’t.

What's your flow like? Mine produces like crazy and if the flow is higher in a particular spot the polyps are much longer on the babies.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your flow like? Mine produces like crazy and if the flow is higher in a particular spot the polyps are much longer on the babies.
It’s decent. I’m not at home or I’d take a video of it. The polyps are short. Not much to see flow wise

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was listening to Reefbuilder’s podcast the other day, and the main guy (his name is escaping me right now) was talking about how he named the original weeping willow and now he sees all kinds of vendors and various Sarcos being sold as ‘weeping willow toadstools’ (or some variation of that), and that none of them are the original weeping willow. So, I’d be careful paying a premium just because someone claims that a long tentacled toadstool is a true weeping willow.

That’s the problem with the name game, people slap a name on something and then charge 2, 3, 4, even 10 times what it should actually cost. The other issue is that people take a coral that looks somewhat similar to a well-known named coral and then claim theirs is the same thing, when it’s not. It’s only getting worse, and it’s our own fault (collectively, as in hobbyists) for buying into and giving weight to these names. I’ve heard all the arguments about how they’re useful for identification, but I just don’t see it. People used to know scientific names and used meaningful criteria to describe and identify corals, and now it’s all ‘toxic nippleberry crack rocks’ (which somehow describes a flesh colored Anthelia).

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a long polyp toadstool? Lol. Ppl are.paying $100-$200 for a frag of toadstool? Lol.
To each their own.
D
Nope, regular toadstools go for free or under 30 a frag here, we are talking about true weeping willows here, or green japanese weeping willows, most havent seen a true one of these in a while which is why it has the high price. Honestly though i want the one Jake from reebuilders has, it is an insane piece.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back