Today's readings!!!

argue.oa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take a look at my readings according to the test my cal and mag are low...lfs recommends water change with reef crystal or dose with supp.. However I don't have any test kits and I rely on water changes weekly 2.5 gallons a week on a 29 bc..

However I'm willing to get some test kits and or dose supp to maintain good levels..

Any suggestions please shoot me up

image.jpeg

cincyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium and magnesium seem a bit low. Water changes should help. If you can, I'd suggest getting some type of test kit if possible. It's always better than guessing, or having to take your water somewhere to be tested. Also, depending on how stocked your tank is, water changes may not be enough to keep up with the demand. Hope this helps.

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Cincy in that test kits will help you keep a constant eye on the levels. I would recommend widely known and documented ways that help raise both Alk and Mag. Kalk would be one of those, but there are other two part supps to help Calc and Alk, and there are Mag supplements that have a good track record. Just make sure to raise the levels slowly. Typically it is more important for Alk to stay consistent rather than any swinging to get to a higher level. Take a look a the Reef Chemistry section by Randy and you can learn a lot! I hope this helps

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 134 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back