Tomini Tang help

CVAquarium

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2024
Messages
12
Reaction score
7
Location
Castro Valley
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've had a tomini tang for a few weeks now and noticed some new marks this morning. Any idea what this is and what course of action I should take? Thanks!

Screenshot_20250629-140149.png
 
What size tank, and other types of fish are in there with him?
 
(No expert here either, but thinking fish-aggression / darting into rocks to escape.) Maybe a fish medic will identify a disease.
 
I agree with the other replies that I too am not an expert 😆

Hopefully, one of the R2R #fishmedic crew can take a look here.

Good luck!
 
If the fish is still eating I would just watch the marks. I bet it will heal over a few days. If not or it gets worse then I’d consider a treatment plan. Just good nutrition and close observation for now. Make sure it’s not getting picked on or flashing.and hopefully just carry on.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, all. We have two clowns, a starry blenny, flame back angel, and two damsels (Talbot and springer). The flame back angel has shown some dominance over the tomini, but hasn't done anything overly aggressive that I've seen.

The tomini does hang out under a rock overhang and often darts around the rocks. I'm guessing this may be what caused the marking, but will monitor over the next couple of days and course correct if needed.

Thanks again for all the help!
 
Damage from rocks or the damsels
My 2” Damsel nearly ripped a new 4” tomini to shreds over the first few weeks
 
I would leave that fish alone. If it's an injury, like it looks, it will be gone in a couple of days.
 
These Tomini Tangs seem quite non-aggressive... mine is evidently getting his tail fin nipped (not that I have witnessed it), and the only thing in the tank with him are Butterfly fish his own size!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new