Tomini Tang QT Question

coralcrazy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2012
Messages
249
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a beautiful 4 inch tomini for my 135 gallon mixed reef. I want to QT but only have a 10 gallon, is that to small? I really don't want to nuke my display with ich.
 
If you stay on top of water quality & water changes, it can be feasible. It will require a bit more effort, but it's better than assuming and risk to the DT.
 
If you stay on top of water quality & water changes, it can be feasible. It will require a bit more effort, but it's better than assuming and risk to the DT.

How often should I be doing water changes? I threw some Seachem Stability in yesterday after I set up.
 
No. This is an expensive hobby, but this part is easy. Go to pet store and get a 29 (at least) and a hob power filter then you have a qt tank. Don't put that fella in a 10.
 
Its possible but absolutely not ideal. A 30" long tank would be much more ideal, preferably a 40b. If you were doing a tank transfer method than several 10gallon tanks would be good because the process would be much shorter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new