Tomini with no scalpel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tbrown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tbrown

Cronies #3?? Heathens' Coffee Snob???
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Messages
83,415
Reaction score
229,665
Location
Peoria, AZ
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had a Tomini Tang for going on two years. When I got him he was pretty small. I have never seen a blade on his tail.

I'm just curious, has anyone else ever had a Tang without the blade?
 
I've heard "they" remove them intentionally on some larger tangs at aquariums and such.

My scopas didn't have one.
 
Last edited:
I've heard "they" remove them intentionally on some larger tangs and aquariums and such.

My scopas didn't have one.
It's interesting. Never really thought about it but I was sitting there yesterday and realized he never visibly had one as long as he's been in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new