OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite a few have been asking about this and here it is :)

The Giesemann fixture has been completely re-worked and is now housing five Cannons; two Blues and three whites. In addition I am running four T5s. Please bare in mind that this took a lot of research and many hours of experimenting before finding the solution to the temperature issue - with no fan(s).

IMG_1466.jpg

Last edited:

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite a few have been asking about this and here it is :)

The Giesemann fixture has been completely re-worked and is now housing five Cannons; two Blues and three whites. In addition I am running four T5s. Please bare in mind that this took a lot of research and many hour of experimenting before finding the solution to the temperature issue.

IMG_1466.jpg

That things INSANE! Well done!

Cole_lol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for your LED Chips did you just cannibalize the cannon to make the fit into the fixture you wanted to use? I have been thinking about high wattage LED replacement but worried about the quality of the LEDs that are available. This could be a great option but seems to be on the more expensive side... But I guess quality comes with a price!

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Tanks going to be Nuts!! Will you build another light like that one.. For a Price?

OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for your LED Chips did you just cannibalize the cannon to make the fit into the fixture you wanted to use? I have been thinking about high wattage LED replacement but worried about the quality of the LEDs that are available. This could be a great option but seems to be on the more expensive side... But I guess quality comes with a price!

I removed the heat sink and used the module according to the guide lines of Ecoxotic. Spent a lot of time communicating with that company, I think I became a pain in the bum :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cole_lol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So have you gotten a good benchmark for what your par levels are going to be in the aquarium? Forgive me if I missed it someplace earlier in the thread.

Some reason a lot of people say even though they look bright not as much light is reaching the bottom of the aquariums.

From what I have read the LED cannon is impressive.

OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So have you gotten a good benchmark for what your par levels are going to be in the aquarium? Forgive me if I missed it someplace earlier in the thread.

Some reason a lot of people say even though they look bright not as much light is reaching the bottom of the aquariums.

From what I have read the LED cannon is impressive.

I posted this photo on page 8. PAR values with these Cannons are very impressive. I will be posting a photo of all the lights in operation in a day or two.

IMG_0299-PAR.jpg

OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Tanks going to be Nuts!! Will you build another light like that one.. For a Price?

I'm working on another 300-DD project right now. which will be using the same light system. This customer came to my house and said I must have it. To answer your question, I'm doing it already :)

DeeFromBrooklyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely live and learn that what we wish for isn't always what we need. This tank has the perfect dimensions rather than going deeper and scuba diving to put your frags in there. I am without a doubt a glass man and Marineland does them right

Jurg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome, maybe I can win the one at macna.... Love how you still have the lifetime sticker on there

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 155 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back